Peakview Pre-Primary School is an independent preschool that is affiliated to the Mowbray Baptist Church.
We are a Christian-based preschool and also offer education to children from various denominations so that our children learn to understand and respect others’ beliefs.
We provide a fun, imaginative, loving and safe environment for children to explore the world around them.
Peakview is a small and happy school where children learn primarily through play and exploration. Parent involvement is always welcomed and encouraged.
We are always striving to love, educate, understand and nurture the children attending our school and trust that we will continue to provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment for them.
MISSIONChildren learn through play and structured activities which will promote their social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
Peakview offers you:
- Three qualified pre -primary teachers and a qualified relief teacher in each group
- 08h00 – 12h30 school time, the gate opens at 07h30
- 12h30 – 17hh30 aftercare
- Maximum 18 children in the younger group (2 – 4 age group)
- Maximum 16 in the middle group (4 – 5 age group)
- Maximum 20 in the Grade R group ( 5 – 6 age group)
- Structured programme with morning ring, numeracy, artistic and educational activities, literacy, movement and music, fantasy play, life skills, story time and structured outdoor play in a well – equipped playground
Extra mural activities include:
- Xhosa Class
- Fun & Dance
- Junior Jive
- Yoga Class
07:30 – 08:30 – Arrival and Free Indoor Play
08:30 – 08:55 – Free Outdoor Play
08:55 – 09:00 – Toilet Routine
09:00 – 10:10 – Morning Ring
- Numeracy Literacy
- Creative activities
- Freeplay and tidy up
10:10 – 10:15 – Toilet Routine
10:15 – 10:30 – Toilet routine and snack
10:30 – 11:00 – Structured Outdoor Play
11:00 – 11:10 – Tidy Up and Toitet Routine
11:10 – 11:30 – Music Movement Rings
11:30 – 12:00 – Work and Whisper
12:00 – 12:30 – Story Time and Dismissal